This post is sponsored by Happy Family Yogurt but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
An every day struggle for most parents is getting your children to eat. Well, not just anything – but HEALTHY food. Thank goodness Royce enjoys many veggies now like potatoes, carrots and zucchini to name a few, but it took us a while to get here. I actually posted in a mom group asking if anyone had any suggesstions on how to make my picky toddler enjoy other food than sweets. For a few weeks straight he was living off fruit and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. In order to get some veggies in, I’d sneak in spinach and carrots into his smoothies but it still wasn’t helping the fact that he didn’t like the TASTE of anything that wasn’t sweet.
Through our struggles, I found some really easy breakfast ideas for him that helped fill his belly first thing in the morning. I like to think that starting the first meal off great will set the standard for the rest of the day!
- Egg muffins – I usually mix peppers, turkey sausage and onions with my egg and sprinkle a little cheese on top. They are also great for snacks on the go!
- Smoothies – As said above, this my favorite and easiest way to sneak in veggies for Royce. They’re super easy to make in the morning and I love using this blender for them!
- Happy Tots yogurt – Royce loves these! While the brand has a bunch of different food (we’ve tried almost all of their baby food pouches and the alphabet snacks ) our latest discovery was the yogurt. I grabbed a few the last time at our local Walmart and Royce loved it so much the first time that I had to give him a second! It’s full of probiotics and Vitamin D which makes me even happier too.
- French toast – I didn’t have french toast that often growing up so I completely forgot about this. I love topping it with fresh fruit or even serving yogurt on the side for dipping rather than syrup. This is another one of Royce’s favorites!
- Oatmeal – While this is a classic, I’ve had fun trying out new flavors with Royce and he seems to like almost all of them. His new favorite is apples & cinnamon, and you can even make your own the night before and serve cold. I’m going to try the overnight method next week (click here for the recipe I’ll be following) because I run late in the morning more often than not, and need to feed my little one’s belly before sending him off to daycare.
These are all really simple meals for toddler and I often give them to Royce throughout the day! Have you tried Happy Tots yogurt? I’ve got a coupon just for you to save – click here!